Japanese braiding (kumihimo) is a fast and simple movement of cords around a disk. The rope formed is a superb showcase for a pendant or focal bead. It’s a great, on-the-go project because seed beads are pre-loaded!
Black iris and metallic bronze seed beads make this kit the perfect complement to our PURPLE VALOR PENDANT.
TECHNIQUE: Kumihimo braiding with beads, stringing, wire-work
SKILL LEVEL: ALL. Beginner kumihimo, but should be comfortable working with small beads and making wire-wrapped loops
KIT INCLUDES: Step-by-step instructions with color photos; beads, clasp, and findings needed to make the necklace shown; spool of black C-lon cord
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- Small kumihimo braiding disk (4.25" diameter) (available separately from Sleepless Beader)
- 8 kumihimo bobbins to wind up excess cord with beads (available separately from Sleepless Beader)
- 1 big-eyed or collapsible-eye needle to string beads
- Round-nose and chain-nose pliers
- Wire snips
- Jewelry glue (GS Hypo Cement, string glue or E-6000)
- Bulldog clip to weight the braid
- Awl or reamer